Tuesday, September 26, 2017

What I've Learned - 1 week - Anna

Things I have learned in Anna's first week of life:
1. How to spell Bilirubin (and that Facebook does not know how to spell Bilirubin)
2. That Hallmark has convinced a number of folks that congratulations has a "d" in the spelling.
3. Adrenaline will help you stay up for unreal amounts of time.

4. That Anna's cry can at times actually be comforting.

5. That vomit is not the only bodily function for babies that can be "projectile". 

6. That God apparently gives parents of newborns a longer lasting "battery".

7. People become much more interested in your life when you have a baby with you.

8. The rules for when to put a hat on your child and when to go without a hat are blurry and confusing.

9. That cloth diapers are the "Superhero" of baby accessories. They are amazing and super absorbent. And we don't even use them as diapers. 

10. Now there is someone else in the house, when Amy talks she is not always talking to me. 

11. That I can in fact love someone as much as I love Amy. A very different kind of love, but I'd do anything for either of them.

12. I already knew Amy was an amazing and strong person, but I have seen her be amazing and strong in incredible new ways this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment